Energy & Sustainability Integrated SolutionsAs demonstrated by our science-based targets, corporate commitments and the amount of real estate we manage on behalf of our clients, we play a significant role in helping to limit the rise in global temperatures.
CBRE's Science Based Targets
- 68% reduction in global operations scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 2035 from 2019 levels
- 79% reduction in emissions per square foot in facilities CBRE manages for occupiers by 2035
- 67% reduction in emissions per square foot in facilities CBRE manages for investors by 2035
- 100% renewable electricity by 2035, including transitioning our vehicle fleet to electric vehicles
Our approachOur aim is to reduce the total cost of ownership of our clients’ portfolios and their journey to net-zero as a transition program implemented across the integrated facilities management operating model, requiring strong coordination, collaboration and systems working across the value chain within a robust governance structure.
Our programOur methodology brings together talent, capabilities, and experience as a global property occupier, investor and manager to achieve carbon neutrality commitments, improve portfolio resiliency and reduce asset life-cycle costs, while mitigating risk and friction within company operations as these changes are deployed.
Energy and sustainability professionals globally
Individual energy efficiency and decarbonisation projects for our clients worldwide in 2021
Square feet covered by CBRE's energy and sustainability team in 2021
220K+ Metric tons of C02 averted through CBRE's implemented energy and sustainability projects in 2021
Our Leadership Team
Managing Director | Head of Building Consultancy & Project Management Germany
Decrease your business risk and total cost of ownership while reducing your carbon emissionsBenefit from a digitally enabled, fully integrated facility management organisation and a decarbonisation approach that is methodical, transparent and auditable at every stage. By combining on-site teams, consultative subject matter experts and leading edge tools, we deliver data-driven solutions for energy efficiency, carbon neutrality and asset performance.
Benefits of our program
- Decreased asset total cost of ownership (ATCO) and reductions in maintenance, energy, carbon and capital costs by 11-15% over the course of the program.
- Significant reduction in asset downtime and operational risk by boosting asset reliability and condition.
- Levelized, targeted, and prioritized capital spend to maximize investment efficiency.
- Targeted capital planning based on total cost of ownership (maintenance, utility, capital, business risk and carbon emissions) vs. equipment age and condition.
- Immediate upgrade of all high-risk assets using CBRE’s Efficiency as a Service program –at no up-front cost.
- Immediate reduction in emergency repair costs.
- Reduced work order open times, equipment downtime, and energy costs through CBRE’s remote monitoring and diagnostics tool.
- Optimized capital spend through CBRE's global supply chain program, leveraging our scale and buying power with strategic suppliers.
- Equipment-level benchmarking of asset performance demonstrating high costs, opportunities for savings and real estate planning purposes.
- Portfolio decarbonization acceleration and significant impact to ESG targets and commitments.
Shape and achieve your corporate sustainability commitmentsOur sustainability approach translates your commitments into practical workplace solutions that reduce impact, regenerate natural resources and inclusively provide for the future. We offer flexible integration to effectively partner with you at any stage of your path to a sustainable future. We recognise that sustainability is not an off-the-shelf product, and look to identify and mitigate your risk and translate your goals into company-wide strategic solutions and action plans within your core operations. Our methodology addresses emission scopes 1, 2 and 3, as well as water, waste, natural capital, social value, accreditations and compliance, with a mix of dedicated on-site teams
Of our enterprise clients have net-zero commitments
Global sustainability professionals
Of our enterprise clients have set science-based targets for carbon reduction
Pounds of carbon emissions reduction since 2017
Let us accelerate your decarbonisation journeyCBRE’s solutions help clients achieve decarbonisation and renewable energy goals while optimising building performance. Now is the time to accelerate environmental leadership and we’re making it easier. Our decarbonisation solutions are deployed as single-service turnkey or integrated solutions with CBRE strategic partners, capital and performance commitments, making us uniquely equipped to help clients around the world hit their science-based targets and net-zero commitments.
Of global energy consumption
Of global water consumption
Of global resource consumption
Of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions