CBRE’s shopping centre management services support owners, developers and retail chains with the successful use of retail space.
From sell-off to shopping experienceIf shopping centres are to be successful in the future, they must adapt their business models to changing leisure and shopping behaviour. Professional concepts founded on reliable data are essential to increase the attractiveness and value of your property over the long term.
Shopping centres are part of a very dynamic asset class, and one in which further major changes can be expected in the coming years. Recreational and shopping behaviour is changing and bricks-and-mortar retail is under significant pressure from the increased use of online retail. This means that shopping centres are focusing more and more on leisure activities to complement their retail function. Expanded and new offers such as lifestyle cooking, gastronomic experiences, yoga classes and cinemas, and even live music and theatre performances, can revitalise unused space, thereby increasing visitor frequency and the attractiveness of the centres themselves.
One-stop shop for individual service packagesAs a specialist in shopping centre management, our retail specialists support owners, developers and leading retail chains with comprehensive advice and services for the successful use of retail space. Our strategies, concepts and programmes always focus on the asset and its long-term development. To do this, we develop individually tailored service packages as a one-stop shop to continually improve attractiveness and space optimisation.
Focus on sustainable economic success
We have extensive experience in managing both individual assets and also entire property portfolios for domestic and international clients. Our Centre Management teams are present in all the important German retail locations, and our international retail professionals operate across the world's thriving retail markets.
- Value orientation: putting our concepts into practice, we pursue an active and value-oriented centre management approach. We use our insight and strengths to develop letting concepts, coordinate letting activities and optimise the tenant sector mix. Alongside standard centre management, our services cover the entire commercial spectrum, including the financing of larger investment projects. Our experts are also experienced in refurbishing shopping centres, boasting an impressive track record.
- Increasing attractiveness: besides the integration of leisure and lifestyle offers, we are also driving the digital transformation in shopping centres with apps and WiFi. We use new technologies such as iBeacon to improve the management and communication of offers and undertake regular monitoring of customer flows. Our range of services extends to professional digital car park management. We also support our clients in the development of marketing concepts, public relations and the organisation of advertising associations.
- Revitalisation: our team of experts is very familiar with the revitalisation of shopping centres, using established strategies to enhance performance and returns. We optimise space productivity and ensure a palpable revitalisation of the centre as a successful local brand through the long-term development of creative events and campaigns.
- Concept development: we work together with our clients to develop successful retail concepts and to create exciting worlds of experience. Our clients can rest assured that we always have their interests in mind when revitalising and increasing their centre’s attractiveness. We focus wholly on the shopping centre’s long-term economic success.
- Consulting & Research: our professional consulting services cover every aspect of the development, management and use of retail properties, drawing on our extensive pool of data material. This includes market and location analyses for the expansion and optimisation of branch networks. We regularly use this research data to create robust utilisation concepts and feasibility studies, property analyses and marketing strategies.