The bricks-and-mortar retail sector needs new concepts. CBRE advises the retail sector from city stores to shopping centres and retail parks.
Factors for success: advisory expertise and experience shoppingGlobal crises, the online retail boom and changes in shopping behaviour are presenting the bricks-and-mortar retail sector with considerable challenges. New concepts and sound market knowledge are needed – especially in terms of real estate marketing.
Falling footfall, increasing competition and price pressures, rising rents and more challenging consumer demands are just some of the issues the retail industry has to contend with. The continual changes and shifting requirements for retail space, and tough demands of property purchasers, mean that market knowledge needs to be updated daily, and the market itself kept under constant scrutiny.
Experience with every kind of retail spaceFrom high-street retail to shopping centres and greenfield retail parks - as a leading global real estate service provider, we support our retail clients with strategic recommendations, advisory and transaction services and individually tailored services. CBRE’s retail platform and global branch network allow us to assist international clients in acquisitions and disposals, property and facility management, and letting and valuation services. This makes us the right port of call for every retail segment.
Focus on shopping centres and retail parksWe draw on a wealth of experience to advise the retail sector. This applies particularly to transaction management and the letting of retail space. Our advice stands out because of the combination of our real estate expertise and our knowledge of consumer needs. The interplay between CBRE’s global network and our regional and local teams brings similar benefits. It gives retailers, investors, producers and private equity companies a real competitive advantage. Whether they are advising on investment, leasing or planning - our retail experts’ sectoral network is unique, and they combine their expertise with a passion for retail which allows them to create customised solutions for a property’s entire life cycle. This also goes for portfolios and the various types of retail space - particularly shopping centres, high-street properties and retail parks.
- Opportunities & risks: because conditions in retail management are changing faster and faster, not least due to digital trends, the relationship between the space available on the ground and the logistics process has to be regularly readjusted. We identify opportunities and risks in relation to retail space and empower our clients to achieve sustainable growth.
- City centre & greenfield: our specialist teams appreciate exactly what is important in managing retail properties, and they know the current trends and requirements. Our retail expertise makes us the ideal partner for high-street and city-centre retail, shopping centres and retail parks, suburban retail and food retail.
- Conception & leasing: we promote successful retail concepts in a wide variety of retail locations. We advise owners, developers and leading retail chains on the optimal use of retail space. From initial concepts to letting shopping centres, retail parks or other retail properties - we are a one-stop shop for our clients.
- Site selection & transaction: we take on complex acquisition and disposal mandates for individual shopping centres and retail parks, and retail park and supermarket portfolios. In-depth retail analysis and transaction experience ensure that our clients secure the most profitable sites.
- Global & local: whether in Germany, New York or Tokyo - we know the local markets. With our local, national and international presence, clients can be confident that their retail real estate strategy will be implemented consistently across every market. They are always assisted by an experienced CBRE retail specialist. In other words, we offer worldwide retail expertise from a single source.